Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Summary of Role:
SunPower is seeking a Field engineer to support the development and execution of cost reduction initiatives and process improvements within the Field Technology & Process team supporting the EPC (engineer, procure, & construct) projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Support the development & deployment of standardized construction methods to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Work with product & process development engineers to provide constructability feedback to design & construction processes owners
- Drive prototyping of new methods & equipment
- Support field trials of new methods and equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement projects for SunPower products and deployment processes
- Identify areas for improvement, contribute to cost/benefit analyses, and validate improvements through projects in the field
- Contribute to training material and train crews in the use of new methods and tools
- Collect and analyze data from site work and improvement projects
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Location of Job: Richmond, California
- 3+ years technical experience in a technology company (e.g, Solar technology, semiconductor development, equipment development, etc.)
- Troubleshooting experience & skills
- Proven ability to understand and interpret electrical and/or mechanical schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical systems, electronics,mechanical theory and applications, and elecro-mechanical systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, with ability to work both independently and with multiple teams
- Strong Team player; ability to work with remote team members.
- General knowledge of construction processes and tools
- Travel to SunPower job sites and corporate offices .
- Ability to work in a team environment with a highly collaborative approach.
Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- 5+ years technical experience in technology company (e.g, Solar technology, semiconductor development, equipment development, etc.)
- Experience managing and installing photovoltaic systems in commercial or utility-scale ground-mounted applications
- Knowledge and understanding of, manufacturing, and operations processes, tools and systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is SunPower’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job